As soon as you spot the first signs of pest infestation, you should call for professional help. As a homeowner, you might have a few traps to catch mice or rodents, but if you want a permanent solution to the problem, you need pest control services. While there are plenty of options in most cities, there are certain aspects that must be considered for comparing pest control companies. Here’s a quick list of things you need to check.
- First things first, check if the company is licensed. Pest control is a serious and complicated job, and any company working in the industry must have licenses and necessary papers. Also, check if they are insured for the job. In case any of the pest control experts fall ill while working at your home, you will not have to pay for the medical expenses.
- Check if you can get “green” services. No matter whether you are getting rid of rats or bees, using the right products is more than important. Pesticides and similar products can affect the environment in adverse ways, which is best avoided. Hire a service that uses green organic methods for all jobs.
- Get an estimate. Pest control services can be expensive, but there is never a fixed price for all jobs. Don’t work with a company that doesn’t overview the situation before offering a price. They should send their experts, who will take stock of the pest problem, and based on the work to be done, they will offer a quote on email or in writing. Advance estimates are great for comparison, and you can also avoid hidden charges.
- Find a complete service. When you look for pest control, find a company that can get rid of everything, right from rats and wasps to fleas, cockroaches and spiders. Not all services deal in termite infestation, which is something you need to check too. This step just ensures that you have a company that specializes in everything and can be contacted for most common pest problems.
- Response time matters. While comparing services, check the response time of each service. Ideally, every company in this industry should have a hotline number, so that customers can call urgently when required. After that, the time taken by them to send an email or their experts is an aspect worth keeping in mind. You don’t want to hire a service that doesn’t take your problems seriously.
Finally, do check if the company is a member of organizations like National Pest Control Association. The products used by them should be certified as organic, and they should be willing to show the papers and labels if requested. If a company has been around for a long time, they should offer references as asked. Also, it is wise to confirm if the concerned service has a team of in-house experts, who are trained for the job. Many services do hire day laborers, who have no experience of pest control. Check online for options now!